Become a Pattern Tester
Hi there! Thank you for your interest in becoming a pattern tester for CrochetHighway! Before any pattern is released to the public, I rely on the support of my testers to make sure the pattern is the best it can be. In order to make our collaboration run as smoothly as possible, please read my conditions and expectations listed below before applying to become a pattern tester.
When testing for me, you are required to:
- Finish the test (submitting feedback and photos) by the agreed deadline.
- You cannot share or publish the pattern in any way, nor change it without my permission.
- Stick to the yarn weight and other requirements called for in the pattern and always check gauge.
- Provide at least one progress photo and one photo of the completed project (staged flat lays or on a hanger). For garments/accessories, you must also provide at least one photo of the item being worn (this is not mandatory for toddler sizes; in this case, staged flat lays are sufficient). All photos must be in focus, high-resolution, well-lit (preferably natural light) and showcase the design prominently. Please provide unedited photos only.
- Give me permission to use your photos on my blog, pattern listings and across my social media for marketing purposes, with credit to you as the maker whenever possible.
- Promote the pattern on your public Instagram account on release day using the design specific hashtag and crediting me @crochethighway in your posts and stories.
- Provide technical information such as gauge, measurements, and yardage, as per the feedback form that will be made available to you.
- Check the pattern (including tutorial photos – even if you don’t need them!) for any spelling or grammar errors, formatting errors and overall readability and ease of use.
- If you have a Ravelry account, create a Ravelry project for the pattern and post your photos and details there.
- Notify me as soon as possible regarding any possible delays. I’m well aware that life happens and sometimes, things don’t go as planned. In such cases, communication is key! I rely on everyone’s timeliness to release the pattern, so it’s extremely important to me to know ahead of time if you’re going to submit your feedback and photos late!
Filling out the form below is an expression of intent and does not guarantee you’ll be selected to test! If selected, you’ll start receiving tester calls from me via email.
Failure to complete the test on time without communicating with me will lead to your removal from my tester pool without further notice.
If you agree to the conditions above, please fill in the form below to be the first to know about my upcoming pattern tester calls!